Thursday, May 22, 2008

Gardening

Clark has been building these big planter boxes to go in the backyard for gardening. He has worked so hard and they turned out great! Soon we will have carrots, cucumber, melons, peaches, oranges, green beans, strawberries, spinach, tomatoes, cantelope! I hope it will be fun for the kids to help us weed and water. I know it will be good to teach them about the earth. Plant a garden and watch it grow


We hope to paint the brick so it will be the same color as the wall.


2 comments:

Marlon and Suzana said...

That's awesome you're going your own garden with tons of yummy fruits & veggies! I've heard kids are more likely to eat their veggies if they get to grow them themselves. I am currently trying to grow cilantro & chiles for when I do salsa. the cilantro hasn't fared to well because of the nasty slugs so I am planting more & this time I'm going to beat the slugs!

Marlon and Suzana said...

that's awesome you're planting your own garden with tons of yummy fruits & veggies. i have heard that kids are more likely to eat their veggies if they have the pride of growing them themselves. i a currently trying to grow cilantro & chiles for when I make salsa & the cilantro hasn't fared so well. The nasty slugs keep eating them!