Monday, November 30, 2009

I Hope You Dance

I read something today that I hope I can pass on to my kids, not just by saying it, but by living it.

"...I'd also like to think that time and age are like cousins -
they're relative.
Who said you have to go by actual miles?
If you didn't know how old you were, how old would you be?
(me, I'm sticking with five.)

I'll even argue that you can bottle youth.
What you store it in is all up to you.
(I suggest your heart)
If you can figure out a way to keep
the energy and gumption and fire alive,
you'll always stay young.
And where there's youth, there's hope...
where there's hope, there's wonder...
where there's wonder, there's faith...
where there's faith, there's chance...
where there's chance, there's love...
where there's love, there's music...
and dancing."

I hope that I can find all these things in my life. I want to always choose to dance, to overcome myself and live as I was intended.

No comments: