Monday, September 7, 2009

archives

The birthing experience went very quick. I was scheduled for an induction ealry on thursday so when I went in they just broke my water because I was aldready dialated to a four. I opted for the IV drugs beacuse I was nervous for the epidural, big mistake!! The drugs knocked me out, but I could still feel ALL the pain. I must have been making a lot of noise because someone finally asked me if I wanted an epidural and I was able to shake my head 'YES!' So by that time I was at an eight and about an hour later was able to start pushing. Four hours in all and three pushes later we could hear him crying and it was all over. My doctor had to use suction to get him to turn because he was sunny-side-up, but it was quick and he came right out. But let me tell you: IT HURT!!! right up unitl I was able to have the epidural I thought I was going to die. I couldn't get my eyes open or speak to tell someone how much pain I was in from the labor. I must have gotten the epidural early with my other two kids beacuse I dont remember it hurting THAT bad. Yikes! At least I didn't have to get stitches. Whew, but it's over and I am so glad that I did it! I love my baby, even when he wakes me up from a deep and much needed sleep.
I did it! It was very exhausting, but I managed in the end to birth a healthy little boy.




I LOVE this boy!


Our new complete family.







Ethan would not hold him. He hardly looked at him!


We are so happy that he is finally here and not causing any more trouble for my body.




Proud daddy!





7lbs. 5 oz.


Here he is, a few days old, in his swing at home.


Audree is so happy to have a new baby to hold!



He's here! Kenton is such a joy. The love in our family increases with every beautiful child! Heavenly Father has blessed us with a healthy bundle of cuteness! That's all we wanted.




6 comments:

Cal said...

Congrats! Sorry to hear about your birthing ordeal but I am so glad to know everything turned out perfectly. Your kids are so darling!

Susanna said...

Congratulations! He's so handsome! I'm glad everything went well.

Marlon and Suzana said...

YAY!!! Finally some pics of your new little one. I have been checking your blog forever to see some pics. He's so cute, looks just like Ethan I think. Congrats & I'm glad you didn't rip.

FYI said...

What a beautiful family! You looked great by the way, despite your tough labor. I'm a big fan of the epidural as well. Big needle, BRING IT ON!:)

Chad and Lesha said...

Congrats on the new addition. Your family is so beautiful. I am so happy for you guys.

Jill Duncan said...

Congratulations! he is adorable!