Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Price of Eggs

I feel like I always have to reevaluate my priorities. Our society and sometimes our acquaintances would have us believe that there are more important things than our families and our church. Why do I ever listen? Weakness is frustrating to me. But luckily I feel like my head is on straight more than it is off. I am so glad that I get to be with my family. I can't imagine missing all the milestones and just pure cuteness from my kids all day. It comes at a price, for sure.
We don't enjoy a lot of worldly luxuries right now but we have what we need. I'm so cheesey about it. Audree asked me the other day if we were poor (we are) but I told her that as long as we have love we will never be poor because money is just a temporary thing but our family is forever. I know, I know, it's super cheeseball, but I believe it and so did she.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are cheesy!!!

Marlon and Suzana said...

Pat yourself on the back my friend, you've got your priorities straight & you're an amazing mother as well :)

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

What a great attitude! We're working hard to get out of debt (which is hard to do when you're still in school) and live within our means so we can live more comfortably now and in the future. It stresses me out a little to think about all of the expensive things our children will want when they're older so they can keep up with the Joneses, but if you can teach them this philosophy at a young age, I don't think it will be such a challenge.