Sunday, April 26, 2009

Close call

Last night I started having contractions after work at about 11pm. I thought they would go away if I tried to sleep, but they only got worse. So we dropped the kids at dad and moms and went to the hospital at about 1 in the morning (thanks guys, youre the best!). I was contracting every minute and a half (they were very painful) and dialated to a one. I heard two other babies being born in the rooms down the hall which made me very nervous. I am so greatful for modern medicine. The contractions finally slowed after three doses of shots and lots of IV fluids and I stopped dialating. I am home now, still on medicine to stop the contractions, but if they dont go away completely by tomorrow morning I have to go back in. Bed rest is no fun. If any one wants to visit me this week, I would love it!
I have to say that I am very frustrated with my body right now! Why can't it just work right! Ugh!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Remember...bed rest only works if you stay in bed!!!!!!!!

Jaclyn Brown said...

Oh no! I hope you are okay. Thank goodness for medicine! I wish I lived closer, because would totally visit and watch movies with you! Good luck.

DavidJohn Wyatt said...

I'm glad you still came to my b-day dinner. You're the best Stef!

Michelle said...

You're in our prayers. I'm so glad that you and the baby are ok. Just make sure to rest.

Stock Family said...

Um yeah, you better take it easy lady! Do not let that baby come eary! How scary! I'm happy to hear you are home and doing better. If you don't stay in bed at home, they will make you stay in the hospital and that is never fun! Good thing you have family close. Good luck!

Marlon and Suzana said...

Whoa scary! Glad everything turned out ok :)