Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy and Terrified!



Many prayers have been answered with the passing of prop 8 in The Golden State and prop 102 in Sunshine State. YAY! I was so worried about what this prop could do to our church, and just that it was an issue again after we already voted for it as prop 14 years ago! Anyway, happy happy happy for the sanctity of marriage to be confirmed in our state constitutions!

But lo, what sudden darkness veils the skies! Really America?!? Obama!? I know a few of my fellow LDS friends who support this nonsense! I am afraid for the future. I know that some people just want change, because they think Bush has done a terrible job presiding over this great nation of ours, (I don't) but we need GOOD change, not just ANY change! Obama is for 'live abortion'. If you don't know what that is look it up(www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51121 ). I cannot believe that an LDS person can have a clean conscience and vote for this!!! Health Care problems will not fixed by making it mandatory. Bringing our troops home under his plan will, I am convinced, lead to a 3rd world war. Redistributing wealth will not solve personal debt problems. Stem cell research. So many jobs will be lost to over seas workers. He is not even proud to be an American...All of these issues and many more are signs of the times. The time is nearer than we think. But when I think of the Second coming I am glad. I pray for the end to be soon every night, so I guess I did pray for Obama, I guess I can't be too upset, even though I did not vote for him.

I think it was my brother, Dan, who gave me a wonderful solution. We should all move to Mexico and demand free health care, food, and education. May God bless America, now more than ever.

4 comments:

Darice said...

Amen to everything you said! I am a little nervous and concerned for what the future holds- however- I am SO thankful to have the gospel and a Prophet to guide us in these latter days!

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

It's pretty scary, but we can probably count on some backlash and a Republican senate in a couple of years when the golden child doesn't come through. I'd like to think that LDS Obama supporters made their decision based on ignorance, not agreement and acceptance of his beliefs. I, too, am grateful for a prophet who guides and encourages us.

cherise and Tristan said...

I hear ya. I am so sick about it i can't sleep. I worry constantly and am so afraid to bring any children into this world. Unfortunately the fight for prop 8 is not over in CA. People are rioting and going crazy and blaming it all on the church. It is so enraging.

Stock Family said...

I saw a video interview about the live abortion stuff and it hurt my heart! That should be illegal. No doubt about it. I can't believe that is happening in America.