Monday, January 7, 2008

Kids say the darndest things

I have really tried to keep the real meaning of Christmas in our home, so Audree and I have had many talks about why we celebrate the season and why we share gifts. During the last conversation we had just a few days ago she asked me how we could give gifts to Jesus like the wise men did. I told her that loving everyone and being so good were great gifts to give to Jesus. She had a wonderfdul idea. She said that she would wrap up those gifts in a box with a bow to give to Jesus. Then she paused and asked me where Jesus was. I said that Jesus is in heaven. She thought for a minute then said, okay so we can take the box with a bow and kill it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Stock Family said...

That is so funny! I cannot wait for Slade to do stuff like that. I want to be able to write down as much as I can of what he says...They are SO funny!

Alisa said...

That is so hilarious!!! I love it. I'm glad I found your blog! I'll invite you to mine. :-)

-Alisa

Stephanie said...

I totally just laughed out loud! Just thought I'd give you a shout out. Jamie found my blog, so I was checking out hers, and now yours! One of these days we'll have to have another playdate.

My Homestead said...

That is so funny.
I am so glad you guys have a blog. They are so fun:)

Jody Weiss said...

Stephanie! I just saw your link on Alisa's page so I was checking it out...i read this one and had to do everything I could not to laugh out load because I'm at work and don't want to disturb anyone, that is so funny!!! I'm glad you shared!!!